~My Perspective~

I want to enlighten, edify, and utilize this blog for the glory of GOD. JESUS died on a cross so that we may have a chance at eternity. Here you'll find words of inspiration, interviews of pastors, artists, and everyday Christians in general. The purpose of the interviews is to show how GOD is using each willing participant. We are here to serve GOD, so one way is to showcase the works of HIS kingdom. If you'd like to be a participant in sharing how GOD is using you via an interview, to promote your GOD given talents, or just share your testimony, please email me at Calzcorner@gmail.com Thank you for stopping by!







Saturday, May 18, 2013

~Why Women Settle~

Recently, I received a blog entry request from an anonymous male, asking why some women settle for men that aren't considered "Real Men" and why those women are intimidated by men that are actually considered to be "Real Men"?  I first thought to myself, have I ever been this type of woman?  Is this the norm?? Lastly, do I know any women that are intimidated by men that are of a higher caliber?  I must say, my answer to those questions were all No's!!! 

As a lady, I feel that those women are suffering from a case of low self-esteem and the inability to see themselves as someone deserving of the better things life has to offer.  I cannot fathom what the women of today might have to choose from in a man since I have not been single since 2001.  Actually, if you are one that considers being in a monogamous relationship without the title of husband/wife, I can say that I have not had long periods whereas I was single since the age of 16.  That having been said, I do not have lots of advice on the ins and outs of women choosing men that do not have themselves together 100%.  I can only gather that they do not feel as though they deserve a man that has himself together so I asked for advice and only received advice from two men. 

Male #1: "The reason women get with men that are less intimidating is because a real man is going to check them, those women are not going to want to hear that. They are not going to want to do what he says because what the world is pushing on women is independence and that they don’t need a man, they don’t need a “REAL MAN", and that they need someone that is beneath them, someone they can control."

Male #2: "Women and men settle for what their preference is. “Real Men” is not a title because everybody is different. You have different types of men and women and every person have certain people they prefer, it's that simple. You may like regular weed and someone else may not, their preference is Kush (a form of marijuana), you can’t say they are turning down the "real weed" its still just weed at the end of the day. (feeel me)"

As we can see, both men gave great answers but they are coming from a different perspective.  If any "LADY" would like to add more insight, please feel free to comment.  You can even comment anonymously without opening an account just so your voice can be heard (heard with our eyes in actuality).... Thank you for reading!

*slightly modified

No comments:

Post a Comment