~My Perspective~

I want to enlighten, edify, and utilize this blog for the glory of GOD. JESUS died on a cross so that we may have a chance at eternity. Here you'll find words of inspiration, interviews of pastors, artists, and everyday Christians in general. The purpose of the interviews is to show how GOD is using each willing participant. We are here to serve GOD, so one way is to showcase the works of HIS kingdom. If you'd like to be a participant in sharing how GOD is using you via an interview, to promote your GOD given talents, or just share your testimony, please email me at Calzcorner@gmail.com Thank you for stopping by!







Sunday, July 13, 2014

Three Christian Questions: with Bri Gray







1. What is your background in Christianity?
  • I was raised as a Christian but I was never clear as to what Denomination, I just knew that I loved Jesus. As I grew older and visited churches, I learned that I had more freedom to openly praise in a Baptist church setting. I prefer to attend those types of environments, but I am still unsure as to what denomination I am. In all honesty, I do not care to claim one, and my mom never placed emphasis on it either. As long as I love Christ and I am chasing after him, nothing else matters.


2. Where has GOD brought you from that helped you grow as a Christian?
  • God has brought me from the City of Detroit, with a ghetto mess outside my door, but a single mother who provided peace inside our home. Considering our surroundings and the complacent people around us, I have come very far and my mommy raised my little sister and me well. God has blessed my life and given me the drive, and desire to be more than my environment. I am now obtaining my master's degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
  • God has also brought me from a struggle that seemed nearly impossible to overcome; to a differ type of struggle that seems much less daunting and much more inspiring than before. This struggle is the struggle before success and I appreciate it much more. This is not a situation that makes me wonder whether or not I'll be defeated but instead one that God has placed in my life that I feel is meant to make me appreciate my blessings and accomplishments much more. This struggle has made me understand that if there is no struggle, there is no progress. God has shown me favor despite my flaws and he has loved me even when I did not know who I was to love myself.

3. How can we guide more souls to Christ?
  • The best way to bring people to Christ is to love like Christ and to allow His light to shine through us. It's also important to bring awareness to how amazing He is and how His love is the greatest feeling and gift of all. Along with this, we must avoid forcing Christ onto others and instead embrace them as Christ would, without judgment; it has to be in their hearts to seek him. Forcing or judging will only push them away. Most importantly, we must try our best to walk the path that God has for us, but do not step on others or place ourselves on a pedestal in the process. We have to be examples as Christians but we must also be relatable and approachable if we want others to come to Christ.

This blog entry is very special to me because you are my first born niece.  I chose you to be the first female to be interviewed because I think highly of you as a Christian, I'm very proud to see the woman you have become, and I am always blessed by your GOD given talents.  Not only your beautiful voice, but your beautiful heart, mind, and soul.  Thank you so much for your participation and I love you!






God Given Talent!!




**Slightly Modified

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the opportunity to share part of my testimony with others. I really appreciate your support and thank you for thinking so highly of me, you should know how much that means to me, especially when I have those moments of feeling defeated, because knowing that I have people that support and believe in me like you do, and people that pray for me means everything when I need that extra boost. I love you soooo much Auntie Calley! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome my beautiful niece. You've been a ray of sunshine ever since GOD placed you on this earth so yes I think highly of you. At times, we all experience feelings of defeat so it is a blessing to know we have a support system. I love you and stay blessed!

      Delete